Are you ready to transform your leadership?
This page is just as much about you as it is me. You’re here because you want to know if I can help you become the leader people want to follow or build a team that people don’t want to leave. You want better. I can get you there—and beyond. That’s why I established Your Best Leadership. Whether working with you as a coach, trainer or speaker, I am committed to your success.
Let’s talk about what you need and how I can help.
How do you know I’m a fit for you?
My ability to effectively partner with you today has been honed by years of experience consulting, leading, managing and, yes, following. Successful outcomes for my clients include:
- Organizations increase employee engagement, reduce turnover, break down silos and build stronger leadership pipelines.
- Teams effectively communicate, efficiently collaborate, maximize productivity and rise to surprising levels of innovation.
- Individuals find a renewed sense of purpose and become better leaders, managers and collaborators.
We can tailor a leadership development program that fits your needs.
Want to know more about me?
After enjoying a 30-plus-year career as a CPA and organizational leader, I launched Your Best Leadership to partner with organizations to develop leaders everyone wants to follow, build teams no one wants to leave, and deliver exceptional results. I deliver these outcomes through keynote speaking, corporate training, leadership coaching, and team facilitation.
Here’s a quick overview of my professional journey:
- B.A. in Business Administration from Bethel University, St. Paul, MN
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Minnesota
- 18 years as a practicing CPA at Wallace, Lokhorst & Company, eventually becoming Managing Partner
- 15 years of nonprofit leadership experience as a Chief Financial Officer, Development Director, and Camp Director
- M.A. in Organizational Leadership from Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- Adjunct faculty, School of Business and Nonprofit Management, North Park University in Chicago
- Certified facilitator of RightPath workplace behavior and leadership assessments
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential from the International Coach Federation
- Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers Association
- Past President and Board Member of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Speakers Association
All of these experiences gave me a front-row seat to observe the far-reaching and long-lasting impact of good leadership and healthy teams.
Five guiding values are:
- Holistic Excellence
- Growth Mindset
- Bias for Action
- Desire Over Fear
- Legacy Thinking
My book, Mission-Critical Leadership: How Smart Managers Lead Well in All Directions, is the result of these five values and my belief in a John Maxwell mantra: Everything rises and falls on leadership.
Oh, on a personal note, I love grandparenting and being “Papa” to my four adorable “littles,” as I call them. I enjoy living on one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes, riding bike, playing golf (badly), learning pickleball, and taking walks with my wife, Barb, and our dog, Oreo.
Now that you know more about me, let’s talk about you.
Get Instant Access to Your Best Leadership Insights
Mark P. Fisher
Founder & Chief Encourager, Inspiring Growth
Years ago - I tried like crazy to hire Jon as my CFO. It just didn't work out. During the process as well as years afterwards I grew to respect Jon's straight forward observations, rich and wise insights and subtle humor. He is a rare human being with a combination of analytical and empathetic skills. I'm a Jon fan!
Doris Gomez, PhD
Dean, School of Business & Leadership, Regent University
Jon is a true professional and expert when it comes to leadership development, coaching and organizational consulting. His integrity and expertise are unmatched.